Cost calculator for wood chip procurement from regeneration felling sites
Copyright: Juha Laitila, Finnish Forest Research Institute
This calculator enables you to investigate how the changes in processed material or in the productivity and hourly costs of machines influence the procurement cost of the whole chain.
You are able to compare the procurement costs of wood chips produced by three different harvesting chains:
1. loose logging residue harvesting with forwarder
2. loose logging residue harvesting with a farm tractor
3. logging residue bundling and forwarding with forwarder
For each chain there are three versions for the organisation of harvesting:
- Forwarding and delivery of fresh, green logging residues straight to combustion
- Drying of logging residues at the stand before (bundling) forwarding and combustion
- Seasoning of green residues at the road side storage prior to combustion
Set values into the boxes with light green background.
The calculator applies the values in boxes with dark green background. In case you insert
digits in light green boxes, the dark green boxes will be updated upon your action.
Select Calculator and User's Guide: